List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Stewart Smith Date:March 23 2007 5:00am
Subject:Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndb
View as plain text
On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 12:05 +0200, Mika Raento wrote:
> Could the fact that 5.0 is not supported be just documented rather than
> removing backward compatibility from ndb-connectors?

In my experience backwards compatibility quickly gets hard to maintain
for too many levels.

> In general it's not been really easy to gauge the stability of NDB(API).
> It's been used for quite a long time, but there are still some worrying
> bugs (like http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=24028 ) that seem to
> indicate that it's lacking regression tests, esp. in the client API?
> Could the NDB-connectors be used to add tests quicker?

BLOBs are a problem area...

otherwise things are pretty well tested with NDB autotest, which tests
NDB by using the NDBAPI.

More tests are welcome though... especially tests where the semantics of
various things are tested.
--
Stewart Smith, Software Engineer
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Jumpstart your cluster:
http://www.mysql.com/consulting/packaged/cluster.html

patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMika Raento20 Mar
  • autoconf pthreads supportMika Raento20 Mar
    • Re: autoconf pthreads supportMonty Taylor20 Mar
  • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMonty Taylor20 Mar
    • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbStewart Smith22 Mar
      • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMika Raento22 Mar
        • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbStewart Smith23 Mar