List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:March 22 2007 5:53pm
Subject:Re: Integrating NDB async transactions with other event loops
View as plain text
On Mon, 2007-03-19 at 12:14 +0200, Mika Raento wrote:

> I'm looking to use the NDB connectors from Python and Perl based
> async-io frameworks (specifically, Twisted and Danga::Socket) and have
> been digging a bit into how this would be done as efficiently as possible.
>
> First of all: has anybody already done something that integrates NDB
> into an existing event loop? I'd love to hear your experiences. Second
> question: is there any real documentation on how (or whether) the NDB
> API uses threads internally?

Got a good reply on this from Jonas:

"""
Using ndb async transactions and select/(e)poll does not currently work.
We dont provide a fd to use.
And communication between ndbapi/ndbd is multi socket and multiple
threads also
  multiplex over same socket(s).

Adding to this, transport mechanism is configurable (tcp,shm,sci etc)
and is
  transparent to ndbapi programs, as well as *with-in* ndbapi.

Conclusion: Using ndb async transaction is select/(e)poll loop
  is not possible wo/ adding that support explicitly to ndbapi...

  which btw is a cool idea...
"""
--
Monty Taylor, Senior Consultant
MySQL Inc., Seattle, USA, www.mysql.com

Integrating NDB async transactions with other event loopsMika Raento19 Mar
  • configure.in missing AC_CANONICAL_HOST, won't work on OS-XMika Raento19 Mar
    • Re: configure.in missing AC_CANONICAL_HOST, won't work on OS-XMonty Taylor20 Mar
  • Re: Integrating NDB async transactions with other event loopsMonty Taylor22 Mar
    • Re: Integrating NDB async transactions with other event loopsMika Raento23 Mar