List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mika Raento Date:March 22 2007 10:05am
Subject:Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndb
View as plain text
Stewart Smith wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 10:10 -0700, Monty Taylor wrote:
>> Yes, ndb was moved to the storage dir in 5.1. Are you building and
>> having things work with 5.0? We'll probably eventually need to put in a
>> version test and some ifdefs to deal with API changes.
>
> We won't really support NDBAPI on 5.0... so should just ignore it... or
> at least totally not officially support it and rip out the support the
> day 5.1 goes GA.
>
> otherwise things could get a bit messy...

Well, that's good to know. We run all our existing stuff on 5.0, but
what I'm working on will be a separate component (we are not moving to
MySQL cluster for the existing bits), so that should be fine as long as
it's stable enough.

Could the fact that 5.0 is not supported be just documented rather than
removing backward compatibility from ndb-connectors?

In general it's not been really easy to gauge the stability of NDB(API).
It's been used for quite a long time, but there are still some worrying
bugs (like http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=24028 ) that seem to
indicate that it's lacking regression tests, esp. in the client API?
Could the NDB-connectors be used to add tests quicker?

     Mika
Thread
patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMika Raento20 Mar
  • autoconf pthreads supportMika Raento20 Mar
    • Re: autoconf pthreads supportMonty Taylor20 Mar
  • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMonty Taylor20 Mar
    • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbStewart Smith22 Mar
      • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbMika Raento22 Mar
        • Re: patch: my NDB headers are under ndb/ not storage/ndbStewart Smith23 Mar