List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mika Raento Date:March 21 2007 9:46am
Subject:SWIG_exception vs. SWIG_exception_fail
View as plain text
Hello

I think we need to use SWIG_exception_fail instead of SWIG_exception.

In python they are actually defined as the same thing, but in perl
SWIG_exception_fail does a 'goto fail;' and the croak() is done under
fail. A plain SWIG_exception continues in the success path and doesn't
throw an exception (it just creates the exception information but
doesn't throw it).

With SWIG_exception,
$connection = new ndb::Ndb_cluster_connection();
if ($connection->connect(5,3,1)) {

     print "Connect to cluster management server failed.\n";
     exit -1;
}

actually prints
Connect to cluster management server failed.

Whereas with SWIG_exception_fail, the script dies with
RuntimeError Connect to management server failed

Which is the behaviour I assume we are looking for.

I'll provide a patch in a bit.

    Mika
Thread
SWIG_exception vs. SWIG_exception_failMika Raento21 Mar
  • Re: SWIG_exception vs. SWIG_exception_failMonty Taylor21 Mar
    • Re: SWIG_exception vs. SWIG_exception_failMonty Taylor22 Mar
      • exceptions and perlMika Raento22 Mar
        • Re: exceptions and perlMonty Taylor22 Mar