List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mika Raento Date:June 6 2007 8:53am
Subject:could we not use such a long package name for perl?
View as plain text
Hiya

The new package name mysql::cluster::ndbapi is a bit of a hassle for
writing perl, since there's no way to import the names from the package
into your own namespace - rather you need to always fully qualify them.
So C++'s NdbOperation::LM_Exclusive becomes the rather unwieldy
$mysql::cluster::ndbapi::NdbOperation::LM_Exclusive .

(Especially since referring to non-existent variables in another package
isn't caught by 'use strict' so that if you mistype that you just
silently get 0)

I would propose just putting the package in 'ndbapi' (and 'mgmapi') for
perl. For languages that have more namespace facilities (like Python)
the long name is fine.

    Mika
Thread
could we not use such a long package name for perl?Mika Raento6 Jun
  • Re: could we not use such a long package name for perl?Monty Taylor6 Jun