List:NDB Connectors« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Monty Taylor Date:May 21 2007 1:16am
Subject:ndb/j followup
View as plain text
I got all of the NDB/J unit tests and example programs at least
compiling. I haven't really tried running them yet - I need to make a
config file...

There is a general issue that we need to figure out for Java ... there
are several things that return a Uint64 - like the selectCount()
function Jim added which returns the row count of a table and
NdbBlob::getLength(). In the NDB/J JNI code, the wrappers just returned
longs, but there is a potential for data loss there. The SWIG code
returns BigIntegers, so that data doesn't get lost. But you can't use
BigIntegers in places (like for loops and array sizes) that want ints.

--
Monty Taylor
Senior Consultant