List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:wangmei Date:March 26 1999 7:02am
Subject:problems about compiling Mysql
View as plain text
Dear Sir(Madam):
    Hello! I am one user of the Mysql system.I need to recompilate Mysql for IBM
AIX(RS6000)4.2 with c compiler of IBM not gcc or c++.
    When I entered system as "root" and typed as followed:

# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/mysql

.
.
.
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... missing
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... (cached) yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc   ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc   ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking for c++... no
checking for g++... no
checking for gcc... no
checking for CC... no
checking for cxx... no
checking for cc++... no
checking whether the C++ compiler (gcc   ) works... no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C++ compiler cannot cre
ate executables.

"

How can I use cc to compling the mysql?

Eager to your help.

My address wangmei@stripped
99.3.26

Thread
problems about compiling Mysqlwangmei26 Mar
  • problems about compiling MysqlMichael Widenius26 Mar
  • Re: problems about compiling Mysqlmsvd28 Mar