List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sergei Golubchik Date:February 13 2002 7:21pm
Subject:Reappearing postings: the reason
View as plain text
Hi!

On Feb 13, Mike(mickalo)Blezien wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2002 17:15:24 -0800, Jeremy Zawodny <jzawodn@stripped>
> wrote:
>
> >>I'm getting duplicate messages separated by several hours.  Am I alone
> >>in this, or are others seeing it too?
> >>
> >>Jeremy
>
> Yep... it seems the list mailings have gone wacko the last day or two! :)

Ok, here's the explanation.

It looks like smtp server of one of the list subscribers sends all the
mails back to the list - pay attention to the Message-Id: of those
reappearing postings - they are all originating from the same host.

Also note, that it resends mails that are five days old - obviously,
it's trying to empty its queue.

Now we unsubscribed that guy, and blocked his server at the firewall -
for you not to suffer for yet another five days :-)

We sincerely apologize for that inconvenience.

Regards,
Sergei

--
MySQL Development Team
   __  ___     ___ ____  __
/_/  /_/\_, /___/\___\_\___/  Osnabrueck, Germany
       <___/
  • Re: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Mike(mickalo)Blezien13 Feb
    • Reappearing postings: the reasonSergei Golubchik13 Feb
  • RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?G r e g   L a w r i e13 Feb
  • RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Peter Lovatt13 Feb
  • Re: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Joseph Bueno13 Feb
    • RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?SpyProductions Support Team13 Feb
  • RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Roger Baklund13 Feb
  • RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?J. Ceferino Ortega13 Feb
  • Re: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Dibo Chen13 Feb
  • Re: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Dan Nelson13 Feb
RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?a.vanpel13 Feb
RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Rick Emery13 Feb
RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Jonathan Hilgeman13 Feb
RE: Is The MySQL Mailing List On Crack?Rick Emery13 Feb