List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:February 13 2002 4:51pm
In the last episode (Feb 12), Jeremy Zawodny said:
> I'm getting duplicate messages separated by several hours.  Am I
> alone in this, or are others seeing it too?

Bestweb is re-injecting old messages.  They did the same thing to the
freebsd-questions list a couple days ago.  The list admin just blocked
bestweb and the flood stopped :)

It was hard to pinpoint the problem on this list, though, since for
some reason Mysql's list server removes half the Received: headers, so
you can't tell where a particular message came from.  All the duplicate
MessageIDs end in okeeffe.bestweb.net, though, so you can filter on
that.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped