List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:August 12 1999 1:32am
Subject:Re: select into outfile question
View as plain text
At 6:27 PM -0700 8/10/99, Chris Schwan wrote:
>Hey folks.
>
>Just wondering how it is possible to write the outfile to another directory
>besides the one that the database is in.
>
>When I write:
>
>SELECT * FROM test INTO OUTFILE '/home/user/test.txt' FIELDS
>TERMINATED BY ':';
>
>I get:
>
>ERROR 1: Can't create/write to file '/home/user/test.txt' (Errcode: 13)
>
>I have tried a variety of different perms and such. I am sure I am missing
>something basic. Could someone here prod me along?

You probably don't have the File_priv privilege, which you need in order
to be able to write files on the server.

Or are you able to write files in the database directory and just not
in other directories?  In that case, /home/user must be writable by
the UNIX user that the server runs as.

--
Paul DuBois, paul@stripped
Thread