List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 11 1999 9:25pm
Subject:Re: What do I have to do now?
View as plain text
At 23:11, 19990811, Magnus Hammar wrote:
>Maby this will help?
>
>Caldera OpenLinux
>Version 2.2
>
>Is that what you wanted to know?
>I'm really lost :)

Being lost is not a good feeling, but I'm sure we've all felt it
at one time or another, and we can sympathize.  Some of us are
somewhat lost throughout most of our waking hours.

There are two answers being bantered about:  first, don't try to
compile MySQL yourself, just download the binary MySQL version for
your OS and install it.  The version you want is at:

http://mysql.he.net/Downloads/MySQL-3.22/mysql-3.22.25-pc-linux-gnu-i686.tar.gz

There may be another mirror site that's closer to you.

The second answer is, install a C++ compiler so that you can compile
MySQL on your own system.  Since you have a commercial version of Linux,
why not take advantage of the support you get with that and find out the
recommended C++ compiler for your platform?  I'm sure that someone who
uses Linux will be able to tell you where you can find a binary for the
latest GCC, which (if you install a complete package and not just the
C language support) includes a C++ compiler that is known to work with
MySQL.

I would recommend the first option, downloading the pre-compiled MySQL
from the MySQL site.  It is simpler for you, and will get you up and
running.  Later on you can worry about installing a C++ compiler.

Tim
Thread
What do I have to do now?Magnus Hammar11 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?sasha11 Aug
Re: What do I have to do now?Magnus Hammar11 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?Tonu Samuel11 Aug
Re: What do I have to do now?Magnus Hammar11 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?Tonu Samuel11 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?Thimble Smith11 Aug
Re: What do I have to do now?Magnus Hammar11 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?Cary Collett12 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?Tonu Samuel12 Aug
Re: What do I have to do now?Magnus Hammar12 Aug
  • Re: What do I have to do now?sinisa12 Aug