List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 26 1999 12:44am
Subject:Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERROR
View as plain text
I see two problems.  If they're cut-n-paste errors, please let me
know what the program really has.

    my $db_name     = ''badone';

I'm going to assume this one is a cut-and-paste error, because
your script wouldn't even compile if you had that extra quote.

    &dbase_query (
      $dbase_handle,
      "INSERT INTO badone ( name, email, remote_address, message ) " .
      "VALUES ( \"$name\", \"$email\", \"$remote_addr\", \"$message\" )"
      );

I think the problem here is that you've got "INSERT INTO badone",
but there isn't any table called badone.  The database is badone,
the table is email_info.  It should be "INSERT INTO email_info".
But this also seems to be a cut-and-paste error, because in your
previous e-mail you said that the error mentions the email_info
table.  But the script you sent just now doesn't mention that
name anywhere!

So please make sure that you're using the database name when you
connect, and table names when you are performing queries.  If you
think you're doing everything correctly, please post the actual
code that you're running, and be careful to paste it in correctly.
Also please post how you're running the script and exactly what
error message you get.  Make sure that the things you post are
actually what you're using, because it only confuses things if you
copy the wrong things!

Thanks again,

Tim

On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 04:22:37PM -0700, Administrator wrote:
> my $dbase       = 'mysql';
> my $comp_name   = 'mothership.hanzo.net';
> my $db_name     = ''badone';
> my $user_id     = 'baddude';
>
> my $dbase_handle =
>   &dbase_connect ( $dbase, $db_name, $comp_name, $user_id );
>
> &dbase_query (
>   $dbase_handle,
>   "INSERT INTO badone ( name, email, remote_address, message ) " .
>   "VALUES ( \"$name\", \"$email\", \"$remote_addr\", \"$message\" )"
>   );
>
> sub dbase_query {
>   my ( $handle, $query ) = @_;
>
>   $sth = $handle->prepare($query);
>   if ( !$sth->execute ) { print "Error:" . $sth->errstr . "\n"; }
>
>   if ( $query =~ /^SELECT/ ) {
>     return $sth;
>   }
>
>   $sth->finish;
> }
Thread
CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORAdministrator26 Mar
  • Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORThimble Smith26 Mar
RE: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORAdministrator26 Mar
  • Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORThimble Smith26 Mar