List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 11 1999 7:13pm
Subject:Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statement
View as plain text
On Wed, 11 Aug 1999, Paul McAvoy wrote:
> SELECT id,name FROM list ORDER BY name LIMIT 20;
>
> I was under the impression that teh LIMIT clause was used to limit the
> return set.

Paul, can you show a complete example of MySQL limiting the return
set before ordering the rows?  I haven't been able to reproduce your
problem, and maybe I don't understand exactly what behavior you are
seeing / expecting.

Tim
Thread
Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementPaul McAvoy11 Aug
  • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementtonu-mysql11 Aug
    • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementChristian Mack11 Aug
      • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementtonu-mysql11 Aug
        • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementSteve Edberg11 Aug
        • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementTonu Samuel11 Aug
      • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementSteve Ruby11 Aug
      • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementThimble Smith11 Aug
        • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementPaul McAvoy11 Aug
      • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementPaul McAvoy11 Aug
      • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementPaul DuBois11 Aug
    • Re: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementChristian Mack12 Aug
RE: Use (problem with?) LIMIT in select statementClinton11 Aug