List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Fred Read Date:March 26 1999 8:14am
Subject:OT: SQL (Was Re: Extracting a given row using Perl API)
View as plain text
Derick H Siddoway wrote:
> <ponder ponder> I guess I should note that I pronounce SQL as
> "squeel" instead of the insidious "sequel" on purpose.

<Holy War>

Really, SQL should be pronounced "Ess Queue Ell" in the same
way you would pronounce CPU "See Pee You" and not "Kerpooh"
or "Sepugh" - it is not an acronym but a set of initials...

As a reference, may I refer my learned colleague [and anyone
else sad enough to care] to the following URL?

    "http://www.mysql.com/Manual/manual.html#IDX2"

</Holy War>
--

If it ain't opinionated, it ain't Rich Teer.
Thread