List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 8 2002 10:57pm
Subject:Re: Retrieving a numeric series from a SELECT
View as plain text
At 15:08 -0600 2/8/02, José Angel Blanco Linares wrote:
>Hi, everybody
>
>How can I get a numeric column from a SQL SELECT statement?
>I mean, with a SELECT get something like this
>
>ColNum   or   ColNum
>   1             10
>   2             11
>   3             12
>   4             13
>   5             14
>   6             15
>   ...           ...
>
>Some time ago, somebody wrote a sample that do exactly what I need. In fact, I
>took that sample and saved it to my HD, but i can't find it, hehehe.

Do you mean you want to number the output rows from a query?

Do you mean you want to specify a beginning and ending number and
generate a series containing all the numbers from the beginning to the
end?

Or something else?

>TIA
>
>______________________________________
>José Angel Blanco Linares
>Depto Servicios de Apoyo Académico
>Centro de Enseñanza Técnica Industrial
>3641-3250, ext: 266
Thread
Retrieving a numeric series from a SELECTJosé Angel Blanco Linares8 Feb
  • Re: Retrieving a numeric series from a SELECTPaul DuBois8 Feb
Re: Retrieving a numeric series from a SELECTAnvar Hussain K.M.9 Feb
  • Table appears in multiple joins returns null columnKeith A. Calaman9 Feb
    • Re: Table appears in multiple joins returns null columnDL Neil9 Feb
      • Re: Table appears in multiple joins returns null columnAndreas Habereder9 Feb
      • RE: Table appears in multiple joins returns null columnKeith A. Calaman11 Feb
Re: Retrieving a numeric series from a SELECTJosé Angel Blanco Linares9 Feb