List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:March 26 1999 2:10am
Subject:RE: mysqladmin shutdown
View as plain text
>>>>> "David" == David Johnson <davej@stripped> writes:

David> 3.22.15-gamma on BSD 3.1.

I am not aware of any problems like the above with BSD 3.1
(Except if you are using a broken compiler)

'mysqladmin shutdown' should take down MySQL nicely without any
problems.

Are you 100 % sure that the your problem couldn't be something else?
Did you check the hostname.err log for errors?

Regards,
Monty

David> -----Original Message-----
David> From:	Karl Pielorz [mailto:kpielorz@stripped]
David> Sent:	Thursday, March 25, 1999 11:49 AM
David> To:	davej@stripped
David> Cc:	mysql@stripped
David> Subject:	Re: mysqladmin shutdown

David> David Johnson wrote:

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> While one of our engineers was testing shutdown/startup scripts for our
>> database, the database got horribly corrupted.  We ran isamchk and it
>> "fixed" the problem, but hundreds of our rows got deleted.  The engineer
>> ran:
>>
>> mysqladmin shutdown
>>
>> Did the problem occur because he didn't flush the tables first?  Any other
>> ideas?

David> What version of Mysql & What operating system were you using? - I've only
David> seen
David> the above once, which was caused by a known 'problem' and the O/S's native
David> Threads implementation (and this was a while ago)...

David> -Kp

David> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
David> Please check "http://www.mysql.com/Manual_chapter/manual_toc.html" before
David> posting. To request this thread, e-mail mysql-thread978@stripped

David> To unsubscribe, send a message to the address shown in the
David> List-Unsubscribe header of this message. If you cannot see it,
David> e-mail mysql-unsubscribe@stripped instead.
Thread
mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson25 Mar
  • Re: mysqladmin shutdownKarl Pielorz25 Mar
    • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
      • RE: mysqladmin shutdownMichael Widenius26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownVivek Khera26 Mar
Re: mysqladmin shutdownEd Carp28 Mar