List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 10 1999 11:04pm
Subject:Re: Where is mysql.sock ???
View as plain text
At 00:51, 19990811, FRed wrote:
>Sure,
>I obtain :
>socket   /tmp/mysql.sock
>but no files in /tmp ?

I wish I had an answer for you.  But I don't....  Have you tried
starting mysqld directly (not through safe_mysqld)?  If that works,
and you can find the socket, then the problem must be in how mysqld
is being started on your machine.  Maybe that will help you track
down what the problem is.

Tim

>At 15:20 10/08/99 -0700, you wrote:
>>At 23:53, 19990810, FRed wrote:
>> >I had tried to modify the socket location with
>> >--socket=/usr/local/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock or by changing the MYSQL_UNIX_PORT
>> >in safe_mysql but no change I had to restored the old safe_mysqld and now
>> >when I restart mysql I have no more mysql.sock ???
>>
>>If you connect by TCP (using the host name instead of localhost)
>>and use SHOW VARIABLES; it should tell you where the socket is
>>at, with the 'socket' variable.
>>
>>Tim
>
>           Frédéric Fillon
>======================================
>       http://www.webstore.fr
>
>                 .~.
>                 /V\
>                // \\
>               /(   )\
>                ^`~'^
>              Little Guru
>
>          Conseils Techniques
>http://www.webstore.fr/webstore/technique
>
>          E-Mail Gratuits :
>     http://www.mailstore.net

Thread
Where is mysql.sock ???FRed10 Aug
  • Re: Where is mysql.sock ???Thimble Smith11 Aug
Re: Where is mysql.sock ???Thimble Smith11 Aug