List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jerry Preeper Date:August 10 1999 10:35pm
Subject:Re: how to handle username/password in a db
View as plain text
Took a quick peek at mod_auth_mysql and I'm not sure that will do the trick
(because I need to also track if they are are user or admin from page to
page and make sure they can only do what their access level let's them).  I
have looked at PHP before and because the way I have users and groups
structured on this particular site, it opens up way too many potential
problems to use it.

What I almost need is some sort of routine that handles tracking like an
online email system does as you go from screen to screen so it knows who
you are and what you can do.

Any ideas anyone?

Jerry