List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:August 10 1999 10:20pm
Subject:Re: Where is mysql.sock ???
View as plain text
At 23:53, 19990810, FRed wrote:
>I had tried to modify the socket location with
>--socket=/usr/local/mysql/tmp/mysql.sock or by changing the MYSQL_UNIX_PORT
>in safe_mysql but no change I had to restored the old safe_mysqld and now
>when I restart mysql I have no more mysql.sock ???

If you connect by TCP (using the host name instead of localhost)
and use SHOW VARIABLES; it should tell you where the socket is
at, with the 'socket' variable.

Tim
Thread
Where is mysql.sock ???FRed10 Aug
  • Re: Where is mysql.sock ???Thimble Smith11 Aug
Re: Where is mysql.sock ???Thimble Smith11 Aug