List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 26 1999 6:07am
Subject:Re: MyODBC and Alpha Five
View as plain text
>Has anybody figured out how to configure Alpha Five for use with MySQL?
>If not, can MySQL server or the ODBC driver be modified to accept the table
>names in bracketed form?

This would not be advisable, since this would, in all likelihood, violate
ANSI SQL.  Since the product is using brackets to enclose tables, I would
guess that the database they use is really Microsoft Access.  Knowing that,
you might want to try and go into the actual database, create a link to a
MySQL table, then tell Alpha Five to use the linked table, letting the ODBC
driver translate the Access query into something that MySQL can understand.

Thread
MyODBC and Alpha FiveJose de Leon25 Mar
  • Re: Accessing MySQL over MyODBC on Win platformsPeter Carter27 Nov
Re: MyODBC and Alpha FiveEd Carp26 Mar