List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:February 4 2002 3:57pm
Subject:Re: Bug in MySQL API ?!?
View as plain text
At 15:45 +0100 2/4/02, Skriniar Gregor wrote:
>Dear all,
>
>I experienced some problems with using MySQL API:
>My problem is that if I don't use database a long time it is disconnected and

That's how it's supposed to behave.  What's the bug?

If your application really needs to hold the connection open for
abnormally long times, you could have it send the server a trivial
query every now and then.  (Say, "SELECT 1")

>when I try to connect again at first I use method mysql_ping(),
>which reopens connection and that's the point. Please see next code
>of MySQL API:

[clipped]
Thread
Bug in MySQL API ?!?Skriniar Gregor4 Feb
  • Re: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Sinisa Milivojevic4 Feb
    • Re: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Michael Widenius10 Feb
Re: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Paul DuBois4 Feb
AW: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Skriniar Gregor11 Feb
  • Re: AW: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Sinisa Milivojevic11 Feb
    • Re: AW: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Michael Widenius13 Feb
Re: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Michael Widenius12 Feb
AW: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Skriniar Gregor12 Feb
Re: AW: Bug in MySQL API ?!?Sinisa Milivojevic12 Feb