List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:March 26 1999 6:11am
Subject:Re: errno: 2
View as plain text
>I have recently installed mysql 22.16.20a on rhl 5.2
>
>When I go to create a database, it says that it cannot access dir '.'
>
>It also refers to errcode 2 and errno 2.  Unfortunately the
>documentation's explanation does not really apply.
>
>How do I get around this and create a database?

You can't - errno 2 is, according to /usr/include/asm/errno.h, "No such file
or directory".  It's obviously trying to create a database in a directory
that doesn't exist.

As an aside, it would really be nice of MySQL gave human readable error
messages in addition to just dumping errno.

Thread
errno: 2dubick25 Mar
Re: errno: 2Ed Carp26 Mar