List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:August 10 1999 1:46pm
Subject:Re: confused newbie with mysqld problems
View as plain text
Chris Gough wrote:

> mysql was running fine for about a month, but then i started using it. I
> added some users, created some databases, and even populated some
> tables. Then (using phpMyAdmin) i tried to "reload mysql". mysqld
> dissapeared, and the situation i found myself in after that is confusing
> me.
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld
> gives me the error "cant change to /usr/local/mysql/var (Errcode: 2)
> aborting
> not surprising, there is no such directory
>
> /usr/local/mysql/bin/safe_mysql
> gave me "cant find /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld"
> and again, neither could i
>
> then i discovered:
> /usr/sbin/mysqld
> it seemed to work, and i could connect to the server with:
> /usr/bin/mysql
> but not /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql (or safe_mysql).
>
> Can anyone tell me what i have done, where i am going wrong.
>
> chris

Hi Chris

Seems you have changed your setting of "--basdir".

Have you changed or moved the /etc/my.cnf file?

What does this command give you?
root # mysqld -? |grep :

Tschau
Christian

Thread
confused newbie with mysqld problemsChris Gough10 Aug
  • Re: confused newbie with mysqld problemsChristian Mack10 Aug
  • Re: confused newbie with mysqld problemsChris Gough11 Aug
  • Re: confused newbie with mysqld problemsChristian Mack8 Sep