List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 30 2002 11:40pm
Subject:Re: Anyone running MySQL 4 and MySQL 3.23 on the same box?
View as plain text
At 18:21 -0500 1/30/02, Lee, Andrew wrote:
>I downloaded a precompiled version of MySQL 4 for Linux and I'd like
>to try it out.  Anyone had success getting both running?  What did you
>have to edit in the startup and config scripts?

I used different settings for the following configure options:

--prefix
--with-unix-socket-path
--with-tcp-port

Then I put server-specific runtime options in the my.cnf file in each
server's data directory (rather than in /etc/my.cnf).

>TIA

Thread
Anyone running MySQL 4 and MySQL 3.23 on the same box?Andrew Lee31 Jan
  • Re: Anyone running MySQL 4 and MySQL 3.23 on the same box?Paul DuBois31 Jan
  • Re: Anyone running MySQL 4 and MySQL 3.23 on the same box?Jeremy Zawodny31 Jan