List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 30 2002 4:19pm
Subject:Re: AW: MySQL 3.23.47 on MacOSX 10.1.2: Could someone help me
getting started
View as plain text
At 9:57 +0100 1/30/02, Lutz, Helmuth wrote:
>Paul,
>
>>Okay, then try adding the --user=mysql option to the command.
>
>I killed the server (kill -9) and brought it back up with -Sg --user=mysql:
>
>The result:
>[localhost:/usr/local/mysql] root# /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysqld -Sg
>--user=mysql

Okay, here I forgot something. You need a & on the end of the command
to start the server in the background.

To solve your problem below, open a new window and run mysql to connect
to the server *or* stop the server (control-Z) and resume it in the background
(Use "bg"), then run mysql to connect.

The UPDATE statement that you pasted in is being ignored.  You should issue
it from within the mysql program.