List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 25 1999 10:39pm
Subject:Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERROR
View as plain text
On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 03:29:17PM -0700, Administrator wrote:
> 1.	The first issue is that whenever I create a database
> using mysqladmin it gives the database permissions of 700 ie:

Yes, that's normal.

> 2.	The second I have created a second database "badone" and
> want that to be accessible to a user called baddude.  Only
> everytime that I try to connect via DBI call with a perl script
> from the web it gives me the error that the file doesn't exist:
> Error:Can't find file: 'email_info.frm' (errno: 2)

This error *typically* happens because you're mixing upper- and
lower-case.  Tables are stored as files in MySQL; if your file
system is case-sensitive (like yours), then MySQL table names
are case-sensitive.  Can you make sure that you're using the
exact same case for your CREATE TABLE xxx and your other SQL
statements?

If this isn't the problem, please give a more consistent description
of the problem.  Your problem isn't with access permissions (you're
accessing the database fine).  Please show us the exact SQL code
that is breaking and the exact info about the database.

Thanks,

Tim
Thread
CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORAdministrator26 Mar
  • Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORThimble Smith26 Mar
RE: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORAdministrator26 Mar
  • Re: CANT FIND FILE AND MYSTERY ERRORThimble Smith26 Mar