List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gurhan Ozen Date:January 29 2002 8:23pm
Subject:RE: Please Help with Pattern Matching
View as plain text
Doug,
MySql is doing what it is supposed to... If you specify '%MWF%' it will only
select the values with the string literal 'MWF' in it. If you would like to
match all the rows that have either M or W or F in it, then use a query like
:
  select schdays from courses where schdays LIKE "%M%" OR LIKE "%W%" OR LIKE
"%F%";
  This will return every row that has either M or W or F in the schdays
field.

Gurhan