List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Douglas Brantz Date:January 29 2002 7:59pm
Subject:Please Help with Pattern Matching
View as plain text
I have a big problem with pattern matching;
Why does the first example work like this I need to find everything with
MWF in it and I only get the 1 entry?  Is there a way I can make this
work.

mysql> select schdays from courses where schdays LIKE "%MWF%";
+---------+
| schdays |
+---------+
| MWF     |
+---------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> select schdays from courses where schdays LIKE "%M%";
+---------+
| schdays |
+---------+
| MWF     |
| MW      |
| MW      |
| M       |
| M       |
+---------+
5 rows in set (0.00 sec)

Thanks in advance,
Douglas

--
Douglas R. Brantz
Computer Consultant

828-262-6549 (office)
828-262-6312 (fax)

Thread
Please Help with Pattern MatchingDouglas Brantz29 Jan
  • Re: Please Help with Pattern MatchingPaul DuBois29 Jan
  • RE: Please Help with Pattern MatchingGurhan Ozen29 Jan
    • Pattern Matching SolvedDouglas Brantz29 Jan
  • Re: Please Help with Pattern MatchingDan Nelson29 Jan
RE: Please Help with Pattern MatchingRoger Karnouk29 Jan