List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ed Carp Date:January 28 2002 9:26pm
Subject:Help with hanging MySQL server
View as plain text
Hi!  I'm having a problem with mysql hanging.  I'm running mysql-3.23.36 on
a Linux 2.2.17 kernel.  It ran just fine last week, but when we rebooted the
box, mysql will start, but connections to the database just hang.
mysqldmin, etc. all hang also.  /tmp/mysqld.sock is being created, but when
we do a "telnet localhost 3306", it connects, but we don't get the
characteristic "3.23.36<garbage>" string that we would normally see.  Any
hints?

Thread
Help with hanging MySQL serverEd Carp28 Jan