List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Thimble Smith Date:March 25 1999 8:35pm
Subject:Re: ESQL-C and UNIONs
View as plain text
On Thu, Mar 25, 1999 at 02:12:45PM -0600, Fred Butzen wrote:
> 1. Is there an embedded-SQL preprocessor that translates ANSI ESQL-C
> into the MySQL call-level interface?

No.  I think this would be a nice thing to have - but it isn't a need
of the majority of MySQL customers, and I suspect that no one who needs
it has been willing to pay the developers to work on it.

> 2. Does MySQL support UNIONs of SELECT statements?  I suspect not; but
> the manual does not mention them one way or the other.

Your suspicion is correct.  It sounds like you're very experienced with
SQL, but if you have trouble getting information out of your tables,
let us know.

Tim
Thread
ESQL-C and UNIONsFred Butzen25 Mar
  • Re: ESQL-C and UNIONsThimble Smith25 Mar
  • Re: ESQL-C and UNIONshgz26 Mar
    • Re: ESQL-C and UNIONsMichael Widenius26 Mar