List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 25 2002 10:18pm
Subject:Re: Confused About JDBC Driver
View as plain text
At 16:11 -0600 1/25/02, Paul DuBois wrote:
>At 16:59 -0500 1/25/02, Rahadul Kabir wrote:
>>I'm a bit confused here. can some please tell me what is the difference
>>between this two files
>>
>>-- mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz  ( Includes mysql_comp.jar  and
>>mysql_uncomp.jar)
>>-- mm.mysql-2.0.10-you-must-unjar-me.jar
>>
>>For JDBC driver to run with mysql which one do I need? I thought you
>>only need .jar file. then whats the mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz
>>file for. Are they the same files???
>>thanks so much.
>
>I think that MM.MySQL used to be packaged as a tar file, but not is

Oops:  should be ... but NOW is distributed...

>distributed
>as a JAR.  Use the newer one, you'll be better off.  And do as the filename
>indicates: un-jar it.  You'll end up with a directory that contains the
>actual driver file plus a bunch of other stuff like the source code.
>Put the driver JAR file (mm.mysql-2.0.10) in your CLASSPATH.  If you're
>using it with Tomcat, put it in the appropriate directory, depending on
>whether you want your applications, Tomcat, or both to be able to access
>it.
>
>>--rahad

Thread
Confused About JDBC DriverRahadul Kabir25 Jan
  • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverPaul DuBois25 Jan
    • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverPaul DuBois25 Jan
  • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverShankar Unni26 Jan
Re: Confused About JDBC DriverMark Matthews26 Jan
Re: Confused About JDBC DriverShankar Unni27 Jan