List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 25 2002 10:11pm
Subject:Re: Confused About JDBC Driver
View as plain text
At 16:59 -0500 1/25/02, Rahadul Kabir wrote:
>I'm a bit confused here. can some please tell me what is the difference
>between this two files
>-- mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz  ( Includes mysql_comp.jar  and
>-- mm.mysql-2.0.10-you-must-unjar-me.jar
>For JDBC driver to run with mysql which one do I need? I thought you
>only need .jar file. then whats the mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2c.tar.gz
>file for. Are they the same files???
>thanks so much.

I think that MM.MySQL used to be packaged as a tar file, but not is distributed
as a JAR.  Use the newer one, you'll be better off.  And do as the filename
indicates: un-jar it.  You'll end up with a directory that contains the
actual driver file plus a bunch of other stuff like the source code.
Put the driver JAR file (mm.mysql-2.0.10) in your CLASSPATH.  If you're
using it with Tomcat, put it in the appropriate directory, depending on
whether you want your applications, Tomcat, or both to be able to access

Confused About JDBC DriverRahadul Kabir25 Jan
  • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverPaul DuBois25 Jan
    • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverPaul DuBois25 Jan
  • Re: Confused About JDBC DriverShankar Unni26 Jan
Re: Confused About JDBC DriverMark Matthews26 Jan
Re: Confused About JDBC DriverShankar Unni27 Jan