List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Paul DuBois Date:January 25 2002 7:02pm
Subject:Re: update a row without affecting timestamp-type column
View as plain text
At 13:45 -0500 1/25/02, webmaster@stripped wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>I have a question which just may very well be ridiculous.  In one table,
>we have a column of type "timestamp".  In normal cases, we want any changes
>to this row to update this timestamp (hence the nature of this datatype).
>  However, there is one case where we do NOT want the timestamp to update
>if we make a change to some data in that row.
>
>Is there any way to temporarily avoid updating a timestamp type?

Sure.  Set it to its current value.

UPDATE tbl_name SET ts_col = ts_col, other_col = new_value;

>Thanks for your time.
>
>-Ian

Thread
update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnwebmaster25 Jan
  • Re: update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnPaul DuBois25 Jan
  • Re: update a row without affecting timestamp-type columnMyk Melez25 Jan