List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Collins Date:January 25 2002 5:51pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Checkbox table field
View as plain text
At 11:32 AM -0600 1/25/02, Dan Nelson wrote:
>Why would the MySQL TODO mention an MS SQL feature? :)

Because the MySQL team wants to add a feature that is found in another DBMS?

>OK, so it's actually a synonym for tinyint(1).

I could not find a reference to the synonym in the MySQL
documentation (in the data type section).

Question remains, can one effectively index tinyint(1)?

Als, back to the original question, in light of bit being equivalent
to tinyint(1), I suppose storing Y/N is better achieved through the
use of CHAR(1).

--
Michael
__
||| Kuwago Web Services   |||      mailto:mcollins@stripped
||| Seattle, WA, USA      |||      http://www.lassodev.com
Thread
Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldVernon A Webb25 Jan
Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldMichael Collins25 Jan
  • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldDan Nelson25 Jan
    • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldMichael Collins25 Jan
      • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldDan Nelson25 Jan
        • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldMichael Collins25 Jan
          • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldDan Nelson25 Jan
            • Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldMichael Collins25 Jan
RE: MySQL Checkbox table fieldTodd Williamsen25 Jan
RE: MySQL Checkbox table fieldJames E. Hicks III25 Jan
RE: MySQL Checkbox table fieldMatthew Walker25 Jan
  • RE: MySQL Checkbox table fieldPaul DuBois25 Jan
Re: MySQL Checkbox table fieldDavid Shields25 Jan