List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jay J Date:August 9 1999 11:14am
Subject:Re: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?
View as plain text
----- Original Message -----
From: Martin Edelius <martin.edelius@stripped>
To: Wesley Darlington <wesley@stripped>; <mysql@stripped>
Sent: Monday, August 09, 1999 6:04 AM
Subject: SV: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?

> Hi.
>
> >From what I have gathered from previous discussions on this topic you
> shouldn't run an Intel/Linux box when we're talking this type of box. Go
> buy yourself a Sun or SGI with a 'real' OS on it.
>
> I haven't ever experienced this myself, only read a lot about it, here
> and on Slashdot. I'm sure that a lot fo people will disagree with me
> here but hopefully some of them will agree as well. 8)
>

> Best regards,
> Martin Edelius
>
> Spirex Digital Design

Perhaps, but by the time you've bought the fancy box, and fancy OS, you're
not talking about 'this type of box' anymore. :)

-Jay J

(no, I'm not advocating a quad-celeron.. jeez)

Thread
SV: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?Martin Edelius9 Aug
  • Re: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?Jay J9 Aug
  • Re: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?Andrew Sawyers9 Aug