List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin Edelius Date:August 9 1999 11:04am
Subject:SV: MySQL on big memory linux box - comments?
View as plain text
Hi.

From what I have gathered from previous discussions on this topic you
shouldn't run an Intel/Linux box when we're talking this type of box. Go
buy yourself a Sun or SGI with a 'real' OS on it.

I haven't ever experienced this myself, only read a lot about it, here
and on Slashdot. I'm sure that a lot fo people will disagree with me
here but hopefully some of them will agree as well. 8)

Best regards,
Martin Edelius

Spirex Digital Design

www: http://www.spirex.se