List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 9 1999 10:36am
Subject:Re: Can not run mysql with win1215
View as plain text

>> Go to the strings library and compile ctype-win1251.c, with the
>> same options as the other files, and include this in the
>> libmysqlstrings.a file.
>>
>> You should be able to do something like this:
>>
>> touch bchange.c make
>>
>> Look at the commands executed and repeat them, but replace
>> bchange.c with ctype-win1251.c

Andrey> Hello. Thanks for help but I dont get how do i include
Andrey> ctype-win1251.c to libmysqlstrings.a ?

ar a libmysqlstrings.a ctype-win1251.o

(You may have to run 'ranlib libmysqlstrings.a' if your system has ranlib)

Andrey>  And i have one more
Andrey> question. When we compiled the source we used option
Andrey> --with-unix-socket-path=/var/tmp/mysql.sock but when we run
Andrey> safemysql it says that it can not open /tmp/mysql.sock (see
Andrey> the difference in path) We copiled it few times with same
Andrey> options and ones it copiled correctly... (it was 4th time
Andrey> compile) What can be the reason ?

If you don't do a

make distclean
rm config.cache

between different configure runs, you may get the above problem!

Regards,
Monty

Thread
Can not run mysql with win1215Andrey Muratov9 Aug
  • Can not run mysql with win1215Michael Widenius9 Aug
Re: Can not run mysql with win1215Andrey Muratov9 Aug
  • Re: Can not run mysql with win1215Michael Widenius9 Aug
Re: Can not run mysql with win1215Andrey Muratov9 Aug
Re: Can not run mysql with win1215Andrey Muratov13 Aug
  • Re: BAD USER OF PAGERGATEsasha13 Aug