List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Victoria Reznichenko Date:January 24 2002 4:58pm
Subject:Re[4]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching feature
View as plain text
Hello Chetan,

CL> hi,
CL> I wanted to set variable query_cache_size..
CL> I have tried for this as in below but the machine hangs up every time i
CL> am doing this...
CL> Any other method by which I can set this Variable..?

Try to run safe_mysqld in background mode.

CL> shell> mysqld -u root --set-variable query_cache-size=1;
CL> 020124 15:55:11 InnoDB:Started
CL> mysqld ready for connection..

You can also set variables by editing my.cnf:
    [mysqld]
    set variable=query_cache_size=1;

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Victoria Reznichenko

Thread
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
    • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureDan Nelson22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[4]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko24 Jan