List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Sasha Pachev Date:August 9 1999 5:43am
Subject:Re: Lost connection MySQL server during query
View as plain text
Mike Wexler wrote:

> At 03:20 PM 8/8/99 +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:
>
> >Could you at least try 3.22.25?
>
> I have.
>
> >   (I don't think this will help, but at
> >least this may help).
>
> I've seen the error at least once since hten.
>
> >   I am not aware of any problems with mysqladmin
> >extended-variables.  As your 'uptime' is high, the problems can't even
> >be that the mysqld servers died.  I hope you can somehow be able to
> >reproduce in some way.
>
> I'll let you know. I suspect that Sinisa was correct and that I'm running
> out of some kernel resource.
> I'd like to upgrade to a newer Linux, but that non trivial on an active web
> server.

Should not be very hard if you plan it well. Here is how I would do it:

- make a mirror of your server
- perform the upgrade on the mirror, record all the issues/tricks
involved in the upgrade, test, make sure everything is smooth
- once everything works, move over the stuff involved in the upgrade

Ideally, you should have a development machine that works just like your
production server - this is not very expensive especially with
Intel/Linux, and is definitely worth it.

--
Sasha Pachev
http://www.sashanet.com