List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Boyd Lynn Gerber (801) 250-O795 Work Date:March 25 1999 8:00pm
Subject:getting perl module DBD::mysql working on SCO
View as plain text
A note on perl modules used with SCO UNIX and mysql.  You need to edit the
make files and make changes like this.

1.  perl Makefile.PL
2.  edit Makefiles in the modules directories.  For example...

After perl Makefile.PL in DBI-1.06 directory edit the Makefiles in
DBI-xxx and each subdirectory.

OLD:                                  NEW:
CC = cc                               CC = gcc -belf
CCCDLFLAGS = -KPIC -W1,-Bexport       CCCDLFLAGS = -fpic
CCDLFLAGS = -wl,-Bexport              CCDLFLAGS =

LD = ld                               LD = gcc -belf -G -fpic
LDDLFLAGS = -G -L/usr/local/lib       LDDLFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib
LDFLAGS = -belf -L/usr/local/lib      LDFLAGS = -L/usr/local/lib

LD = ld                               LD = gcc -belf -G -fpic

OLD:
CCCFLAGS = -belf -dy -w0 -U M_XENIX -DPERL_SCO5 -I/usr/local/include

NEW:
CCFLAGS = -U M_XENIX -DPERL_SCO5 -I/usr/local/include

3.  make
4.  make check or make test
5.  make install

I could not get Perls dynaloader to load the DBI modules if they
were compiled with icc or gcc.
Perl worked best compiled with cc.

Good Luck,

Boyd Gerber
gerberb@stripped

Thread
getting perl module DBD::mysql working on SCO801) 250-O795 Work25 Mar