List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Egor Egorov Date:January 23 2002 4:20pm
Subject:Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching feature
View as plain text
Hello Chetan,

CL> you might be knowing that the MySQL also supports another table types as
CL> InnoDB,MyISAM(default),heap etc..
CL> Actually what I wanted to do is that the data should remain in the
CL> memory(memory-resident)while querying and this should also be replicated
CL> in the secondary memory so that if server goes down, my data is saved in
CL> the secondary memory.
CL> 1. I have tried without HEAP table , but as it creates the table of type
CL> MyISAM(by default), and in this case the data and indexes are stored in
CL> the file which make the server performance slow.
CL> 2. then I have tried with the HEAP table but in this case the tables
CL> created remains in the heap
CL>   (though it give better performance) but If server goes down, my table
CL> data get lost.

CL> So, what should I do so that I can make my database memory-resident as
CL> well as should also able to do it's secondary storage. I am reading
CL> about the InnoDB table option. will it be feasible.??

Yes. That would be probably interesting for you to take a look at MySQL 4.0.x server as
its query caching may help your situation.

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov
 / /|_/ / // /\ \/ /_/ / /__   Egor.Egorov@stripped
       <___/   www.mysql.com

Thread
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
    • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureDan Nelson22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[4]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko24 Jan