List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Egor Egorov Date:January 23 2002 3:42pm
Subject:RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching feature
View as plain text
Chetan,

CL> O.K., when I am creating the table as a heap type these are created as a
CL> temporary tables as in
CL> when I shutdown the server all the table(heap-table) content no where
CL> exits. so suppose I create all my table as a type heap, then shutting
CL> down of server means I will loose all my data, isn't it?
CL> so, what's the method by which table contents remain in the secondary
CL> storage, while I am creating the table as a heap type.

Simply: don't use TYPE=HEAP. ;-)

Either your table is temporal and stored only in memory or it is
not temporal and stored on a disk.

This way, query caching in 4.0.x server will probably help you to run queries faster. For
you, this will look similar to a table that is completely in RAM.

--
For technical support contracts, goto https://order.mysql.com/
  /  |/  /_ __/ __/ __ \/ /    Egor Egorov

Thread
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
    • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureDan Nelson22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[4]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko24 Jan