List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Karl Pielorz Date:March 25 1999 7:49pm
Subject:Re: mysqladmin shutdown
View as plain text
David Johnson wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> While one of our engineers was testing shutdown/startup scripts for our
> database, the database got horribly corrupted.  We ran isamchk and it
> "fixed" the problem, but hundreds of our rows got deleted.  The engineer
> ran:
>
> mysqladmin shutdown
>
> Did the problem occur because he didn't flush the tables first?  Any other
> ideas?

What version of Mysql & What operating system were you using? - I've only seen
the above once, which was caused by a known 'problem' and the O/S's native
Threads implementation (and this was a while ago)...

-Kp
Thread
mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson25 Mar
  • Re: mysqladmin shutdownKarl Pielorz25 Mar
    • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
      • RE: mysqladmin shutdownMichael Widenius26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownVivek Khera26 Mar
Re: mysqladmin shutdownEd Carp28 Mar