List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Dan Nelson Date:January 22 2002 5:07pm
Subject:Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching feature
View as plain text
In the last episode (Jan 21), Jeremy Zawodny said:
> On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 12:57:12PM +0530, Chetan Lavti wrote:
> >
> > Is there any other way (except query cache) using which the database
> > can be made memory resident.  Actually I want a database which is to
> > be used by a lookup server(something like a dns server). The
> > database lookup delay can become a bottleneck in the performance of
> > the server.  Do you know of any techniques used to speedup frequent
> > database lookups for databases which are mostly static in nature.
>
> Ah, sure.  Have a look at HEAP tables in the MySQL manual.  They sould
> like just what you need.

Also note that both BDB and Innodb table types allow table data as well
as the index to be cached in RAM, which is probably a large part of
InnoDB's perceived speed over MyISAM.

Try converting to InnoDB tables.  Given enough RAM, your
commonly-requested data should reside completely in memory.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson@stripped
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti22 Jan
  • Re: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureJeremy Zawodny22 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureChetan Lavti23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureEgor Egorov23 Jan
Re[2]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko23 Jan
Re[4]: regarding the MySQL's server Caching featureVictoria Reznichenko24 Jan