List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Johnson Date:March 25 1999 7:38pm
Subject:mysqladmin shutdown
View as plain text
Hello everyone,

While one of our engineers was testing shutdown/startup scripts for our
database, the database got horribly corrupted.  We ran isamchk and it
"fixed" the problem, but hundreds of our rows got deleted.  The engineer
ran:

mysqladmin shutdown

Did the problem occur because he didn't flush the tables first?  Any other
ideas?

DJ

Thread
mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson25 Mar
  • Re: mysqladmin shutdownKarl Pielorz25 Mar
    • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
      • RE: mysqladmin shutdownMichael Widenius26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownDavid Johnson26 Mar
        • RE: mysqladmin shutdownVivek Khera26 Mar
Re: mysqladmin shutdownEd Carp28 Mar