List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Chetan Lavti Date:January 22 2002 7:27am
Subject:RE: regarding the MySQL's server Caching feature
View as plain text
Thanks for the quick reply.
I need some further inputs from you.

Is there any other way (except query cache) using which the database can
be made memory resident.
Actually I want a database which is to be used by a lookup
server(something like a dns server). The database lookup delay can
become a bottleneck in the performance of the server.
Do you know of any techniques used to speedup frequent database lookups
for databases which are mostly static in nature.

thanks and regards,
Chetan