List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 8 1999 12:20pm
Subject:Re: Lost connection MySQL server during query
View as plain text

>> There are several possible reasons why is this happening. Your
>> application or DBI socket can be reasons.

Mike> I don't understand what you mean here. Note the applications run fine
Mike> 99.99% of the time. But occassionally the server will get in an odd state
Mike> and some of the applications (include in one case mysqladmin) return this
Mike> error.

>> Then, you could check
>> whether a maximum number of file descriptors has been reached. You can
>> find it in /proc.
>>
>> Before investigating further, you could upgrade to 2.2.10 and to
>> 3.23.2 as soon as it appears !!

Mike> I was planning on upgrading to 3.23.x when it stabilizes. I'm at 3.22.20a
Mike> right now. What is 2.2.10?

Could you at least try 3.22.25?  (I don't think this will help, but at
least this may help).  I am not aware of any problems with mysqladmin
extended-variables.  As your 'uptime' is high, the problems can't even
be that the mysqld servers died.  I hope you can somehow be able to
reproduce in some way.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Lost connection MySQL server during queryMike Wexler6 Aug
  • Lost connection MySQL server during querysinisa6 Aug
    • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during queryMike Wexler6 Aug
      • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during querysinisa7 Aug
        • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during queryMike Wexler7 Aug
      • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during queryMichael Widenius8 Aug
        • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during queryMike Wexler8 Aug
      • Re: Lost connection MySQL server during querySasha Pachev9 Aug