List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 8 1999 12:24pm
Subject:Unable to Add column using ALTER TABLE table ADD
View as plain text
>>>>> "James" == James Lewis <james.lewis@stripped> writes:

James> I'm running mysql on NT over a LAN, logging in remotely.
James> I do ALTER TABLE client_t ADD time_stamp TIMESTAMP;

James> and consistently get the error:

James> ERROR 7: Error on rename of './recruit/client_t.ISD' to './recruit/B-10.ISD'
James> (Er
James> rcode: 13)

James> I them have to manual rename data/Recruit/B-10.frm to client_t.frm to get my
James> table
James> back.

James> Am I going something wrong, or is this just a bug?

James> Thanks
James> James Lewis

Hi!

ALTER TABLE has a bug in the MySQL shareware version.  It will work if
you restart MySQL and use ALTER TABLE before issuing any other
commands on the table.  The official MySQL version doesn't have this
problems.

Sorry for the inconvenience;  We where not aware of this problem when we
made the shareware version available :(

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Unable to Add column using ALTER TABLE table ADDJames Lewis6 Aug
  • Unable to Add column using ALTER TABLE table ADDsinisa7 Aug
  • Unable to Add column using ALTER TABLE table ADDMichael Widenius8 Aug