List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:August 8 1999 12:56pm
Subject:Wierdness in MySQL on a Slackware system - Followup
View as plain text
>>>>> "Richard" == Richard Whittaker <richard@stripped>
> writes:

Richard> Greetings all!!
Richard> I have a followup to my previous post...

Richard> My client system now reports the following:

Richard> [root@ganges bin]# ./mysql --host=192.168.3.60 --user=rwhittak
Richard> ERROR 1130: Host '' is not allowed to connect to this MySQL server
Richard> [root@ganges bin]#

Richard> Help?.. Please?..

Richard> Thanks,
Richard> Richard

Fix.

Add the IP to the mysql.user table.  To get a better error message you
have to compile MySQL yourself.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Wierdness in MySQL on a Slackware system - FollowupRichard Whittaker7 Aug
  • Re: Wierdness in MySQL on a Slackware system - FollowupSasha Pachev7 Aug
  • Wierdness in MySQL on a Slackware system - FollowupMichael Widenius8 Aug