List:General Discussion« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Gerald Clark Date:January 16 2002 2:16pm
Subject:Re: Changing root password
View as plain text
Skip the -p.
You have no current password .

Jay Paulson wrote:

>I'm trying to change the root password for mysql.  This is the first time
>I've tried to change the password and I can't get it to work.  Below is the
>error message I get:
>
>[root@localhost bin]# ./mysqladmin -u root -p password 'new-password'
>Enter password:
>./mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
>error: 'Access denied for user: 'root@localhost' (Using password: YES)'
>
>I've looked at the manual and it doesn't say much that I've already done.
>I've also looked up the --skip-grant-tables but the only mysqld file I have
>to run is in the /etc/rc.d/init.d/ directory and it doesn't take
>the --skip-grant-tables flag.  So I'm at a lost at what to do next.
>
>thanks.

Thread
setting root psswd on Win2K ??Bryan Capitano10 Jan
  • Re: setting root psswd on Win2K ??Gerald Clark10 Jan
    • RE: setting root psswd on Win2K ??Todd Williamsen10 Jan
  • Re: setting root psswd on Win2K ??Gerald Clark10 Jan
  • Changing root passwordJay Paulson15 Jan
  • Re: Changing root passwordGerald Clark16 Jan
Re: setting root psswd on Win2K ??Bryan Capitano10 Jan
RE: Changing root passwordGary.Every16 Jan
Re: Changing root passwordRichard Ward16 Jan
Re: Changing root passwordRichard Ward16 Jan